CAMEO Chemicals Development History
The current version of CAMEO Chemicals is 2.1. To use that version, you can either go to the CAMEO Chemicals website or download a standalone version of the program (links at right).
If you have questions about the program, email the CAMEO Chemicals Specialist.
The major changes for each version are listed below, along with the release dates.
Version 2.1 (December 2011)
- Added multi-word search capability to simple name searches (and "contains" advanced searches). "Words" are any words or phrases separated by spaces; the search looks for matches that contain the words in any order. In most cases, this will lead to improved search results. Note that "contains exact phrase" advanced searches function the way the old search worked: they will find only exact matches to your search criteria (that is, "contains exact phrase" matches must be in the same word order, including spaces and punctuation). Contains searches give you better flexibility.
- Revised LOC display significantly. Data has been updated to include new AEGLs, ERPGs, and PACs. Note that interim AEGLs are now included and that PACs have replaced TEELs in the database.
- Updated desktop standalone version. Key changes include a new embedded browser and the ability to run auto-updates when a new version is released.
- Revised helps significantly, particularly in the Reference Guides section.
- Minor changes and bug fixes.
Version 2.0.1 (March 2009)
- Assigned certain aqueous solutions and chemical mixtures containing water to the water reactive group. This may change the reactivity predictions involving those chemicals.
- Added TEELs to three chemical datasheets.
- Deleted one chemical datasheet.
Version 2.0 (February 2009)
- Added new UN/NA datasheets with response information from the 2008 Emergency Response Guidebook and shipping information from the 49 CFR hazmat table.
- Updated data on the chemical datasheets, including the latest values for AEGLs, ERPGs, and TEELs.
- Updated reactivity predictions, including adding potential gas byproducts.
- Developed a standalone version of the program that replaces the functionality previously in the CAMEO program. The standalone version can share information with CAMEO and ALOHA.
Version 1.0 (February 2007)
- Created the CAMEO Chemicals site, which allowed CAMEO's chemical library and reactivity prediction tool to be accessed online, as well as in the CAMEO program.
- Improved ranking of search results to allow quicker access to the response information on the chemical datasheets.